sábado, 8 de octubre de 2011

Vintage rules


Dear friends! Today I come to speak about the Vintage effect. But what is Vintage?. To explain that I must go back to Camden Town, London, 2009. I was walking around the streets with my dark clothes, boots by zara, tight jeans and shirt, i.e. typical spanish outfit. I say that I was wearing dark clothes because you realize that in Spain we are a gothic when you go abroad and see that people is dressed in pastel colors and flowers in their hair. Well, What were we talking about? Ahh yes, I walked with my eyes opened to avoid losing anything in the visual impactwith thousands of new things which surprised me at every turn. Suddenly I saw a sign where I read: "Come and turn your dreams into reality." And I am one of those people who always want to go all the way in mysterious circumstances, so I embarked myself on the shop that would be my northern star for inspiration trends. Yes, there I discovered that all of your thoughts can come true, without fear of what people say, just drifting by the dictates of your heart and your imagination. From that moment I decided to dress how I feel and I started grabbing things from the trunk of memories and fill my closet of clothes much more inspiring and geeks in line with my personality. And so, this is how it was born the vintage effect on my life. Thanks Sue (that's the name of the girl who showed me that fantasy world. To you is dedicated this illustration.
___________________________________________________

¡Queridos amigos! Hoy vengo para hablarles del efecto Vintage. Pero, ¿Qué es Vintage?. Para explicarlo debo remontarme a Camden Town, Londres, año 2009.
Yo andaba por Londres, cuál española decidida a aprender inglés y ser un poco más cool. Yo iba con mi ropa oscura, botas de zara, baqueros y camiseta,  vamos, cortada por el patrón español. Y digo que iba con ropa oscura porque te das cuenta de que en España somos unos góticos cuando sales al extranjero y ves que la peña viste con colores pasteles y flores en la cabeza.
Bueno ¿De qué estábamos hablando? Ahh sí, yo andaba con los ojos bien abiertos para no perder nada en los miles de impactos visuales que me golpeaban a cada paso, cuando de repente ví un letrero en el que ponía. "Entra y convierte tus sueños en realidad". Y yo que soy de esas personas que siempre quieren llegar hasta el final en las circunstancias misteriosas, me embarqué en la tiendecita que pasaría a ser mi estrella del norte en inspiración y tendencias.
Sí. Ahí descubrí que todos tus pensamientos se pueden hacer realidad, sin temor al qué dirán, sólo dejándote llevar por lo que dicta tu corazón y tu imaginación. A partir de ese momento decidí vestir como yo me sintiera y empecé a coger cosas del baúl de los recuerdos y a llenar mi armario de prendas mucho más inspiradoras y frikis acordes con mi personalidad.
Y así nació el efecto vintage en mi vida. Gracias Sue (así es el nombre de la chica que me mostró ese mundo de fantasía. Para tí va dedicada esta ilustración.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario